Teach Yoga Inspire Students Empower Lives
Carolina Power Yoga’s Teacher Training is an opportunity to bring yoga’s wisdom and peace into your life, and the lives of students, by establishing a self-affirming and fulfilling career as a yoga instructor. You’ll receive expert instruction, encouraging support, and motivational inspiration. You’ll be challenged, grow, transform, and upon graduation be empowered with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills to enthusiastically teach yoga, and take your personal practice to a higher level. Foster your love of yoga to become a passionate professional yoga instructor, or perhaps you simply want to enjoy a yoga immersion at the beach, gain a strong yoga education, and bring this empowering practice into your life. Whatever your intent, you will enjoy a Once in a Lifetime Experience with priceless benefits.
Our comprehensive Yoga Teacher Training, exceeds the requirements by Yoga Alliance. Upon successful completion of our program you will be a Certified Yoga Instructor, and eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a RYT . At the end of the training, you will be qualified to teach Power Vinyasa Yoga, as well as variations of vinyasa and interdisciplinary Yoga classes, including Gentle Vinyasa, and Yoga Fusion.
The empowering style we teach, Power Vinyasa Yoga, is a dynamic, creative, inspiring, and intelligent moving meditation flow with strong alignment and mindfulness. You’ll learn the techniques to most effectively teach students of various levels and abilities. You’ll be encouraged to embrace your authentic self, and strive toward your full potential through asana, pranayama, meditation, and Carolina Power Yoga’s Teacher Training protocol.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Intensive October 14-November 8, 2013
Carolina Power Yoga Curriculum
- History, Philosophy and Evolution of Yoga
- Yoga Styles
- Subtle Energy
- Teaching Methodolgy
- Intensive Study and Practice of Asanas
- Power Vinyasa Yoga Intensive
Exploration of Forrest Yoga
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Yoga Lifestyle
- Communication, Cueing and Class Sequencing
- Practice Teaching, Observing and Feedback
Meet Our Faculty
Typical Daily Schedule
9:00am-1pm Meditation, Pranayama, Yoga Classes, 4 Poses of the Day
2:00pm YTT Presentations (lectures, movies) and Discussions
5:00pm Asana, Pranayama and Meditation Instruction
6:00pm Power Vinyasa Class
*A few days hours will vary
- Maintain a daily yoga and meditation practice throughout training.
- Daily writing in your YTT Journal . Complete all written homework and reading assignments.
- Attend all training. Missed classes/days may be fulfilled on “make-up dates“, classes, workshops or future training.
- Pass final exam and teaching demonstration.
- All requirements must be met before you receive YTT Certificate. Please note: Yoga Alliance has no time limit to complete the training, therefore combining YTT is allowed(inquire within).
- Reading: Required
- Light On Yoga, BKS Iyengar
- The Tree of Yoga, BKS Iyengar
- Journey Into Power, Baron Baptiste
- The Four Agreements, DonMiguel Ruiz
Tuition $2200.* includes
200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Teacher Certificate submit for RYT with Yoga Alliance
Classes, Instruction and Presentations at Studio, Beach and Park (all within walking distance)
200 YTT Hour Manual
Professional Asana Portrait
Unlimited Yoga Month Pass
Beach Tote, CPY T-shirt and Towel
*Full Payment Discount: $100 off
Oceanfront Resort for YTT Residence